Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thai Pork Wrap-Ups

Trying to get into Back to School and fall activity mode, I did some pre-planning for easy meals. I just found this in the new Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine in an article on 16 FAST IDEAS and had it tonight. It is great for a quick meal. It comes together very fast. In this case, I made it ahead of time and popped it in the freezer - took it out and had it for a quick-on-the-go-dinner. These are ingredients that are easy to have on hand and ones I intend to make sure I have in. Whether I cook it a-up ahead of time or make it on the go, we will be having this one again. We really liked it.:)

**Two notes: 1. It says it serves 4. I have some large nephews that I could see eating all, or at least half, of this meal in one sitting. 2. If you like it spicy, feel free to add some extra sriracha sauce on top at the end. It is delicious!

1 lb. ground pork
1 clove garlic, grated
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 c chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp sriracha
1 tsp brown sugar
1 head butter lettuce
veggies of choice -- bok choy, peppers, onions, grated carrots or zucchini, whatever you have on hand! It is a great way to add in a lot of veggies. Chop them and sauté them with the meat.

Cook pork and garlic in oil over high, 7 minutes. Off heat, stir in next 5 ingredients. Serve with lettuce. Serves 4.

1 comment:

  1. This has become a family favorite & a really easy busy night meal. I add lots of veggies to it - whatever I have on hand, but favorites are peppers and bok choy

    ReplyDelete