Thursday, December 31, 2009

NYE appetizer: Crab Cocktail Spread

One of may go to appetizers is this recipe my sister Regina passed on to me. I lost the original, but was able to find it on Cooks.com, I believe it's the original (correct me if I'm wrong, Reg:)

Crab Cocktail Spread
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tbsp. chopped onion
Garlic salt to taste
6 oz. bottled cocktail sauce
1 (7 1/2 oz.) can lump crab meat
2 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
Assorted crackers

Combine the first 5 ingredients. Spread mixture in a deep 10-inch glass pie plate. Pour cocktail sauce over mixture. Layer the crab on the sauce. Sprinkle parsley over all.
Cover with plastic wrap sealing edges of pie plate and refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled with assorted crackers. Yield 12 to 15 servings.

Tonight for a smaller gathering, I'm going to put them in the fillo dough shells I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment