Monday, December 21, 2009

Questions from a non-beef lover.

In your Individual Beef Wellington recipe from Sunday, November 2, 2008 it calls for Beef tenderloin. I was at the supermarket yesterday and the only Beef tenderloin they had in the case was $75 and that's way more meat than I could ever use. What do I look for? Additionally do you put the whole 4-6 oz piece in the puff pastry or do you cut it up? Searing is quickly in a hot skillet on each side? Thanks for the help, I'm going to make the beef, salmon with dill and the chicken with carmalized onion and blue cheese for Christmas Day! (Added bonus of carmalized onion, bacon, and smoke gouda pizza on Wed:)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I put the whole 4-6 oz piece, seared, in the puff pastry. I just bought beef tenderloin for $9.99/lb, it is expensive. Alternatively, you could look for already cut filet mignon, it'll be as expensive, but there will likely be smaller portions available for purchase. You could also substitute eye round steaks, we've bought some very nice ones at Sam's Club in the past.

    ReplyDelete