Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer Salads

Katie posted on her inhomecooking blog about summer salads yesterday. I laughed, because I made two salads to go with dinner last night, and was looking for some more for this week.

First, I tossed blanched green beans with halved cherry tomatoes, basil and balsamic vinegar. Simple and delicious.

For my second salad, I made a thai cucumber salad. I also added shredded carrots. Delish. I have included the cucumber recipe below. Both of these salads are likely to be new go-tos for me this summer. So easy, and so great!

Ingredients

  • 3 large cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 cup chopped peanuts

Directions

  1. Toss the cucumbers with the salt in a colander, and leave in the sink to drain for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water, then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
  2. Whisk together the sugar and vinegar in a mixing bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro; toss to combine. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment