Sunday, March 20, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Food



We had a few friends over last night to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. We were having drinks, "heavy appetizers" and desserts. My serving goal was to serve foods that were Irish-inspired and/or orange and green. I am putting up my menu (before I forget):
Cockles & Mussels (sauteed a little garlic in butter, added white wine and parsley and steamed the mussels and cockles)
Green, White & Orange Veggies with spinach dip
Minted Peaches with Mint Ice Cream (I tossed sliced fresh peaches with some sugar and chopped mint. I mixed some chopped fresh mint into softened vanilla ice cream and served in a martini glass on top of the peaches)
And my friend Maria brought Mint Brownies (she makes her brownies, then while they are still hot she puts Andes Candies on top and spreads them as they melt. Beautiful and delicious!)
We had Guinness, Harp, Bass and others, and of course, finished with Irish Cream.
Overall, exactly the meal I was hoping for. I don't think I would omit or change one thing.

1 comment: