Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Citrus-Marinated Shrimp


Thanks to my friend Kathleen, we discovered a great shrimp ceviche this past summer that we all really enjoyed. Holland and I decided to recreate that recipe for a cooler-weather dinner, we marinated jumbo shrimp in olive oil, garlic, lemon and lime juice and cilantro. We sauteed this and served over orzo or rice. I served it with a salad, bread (great for sopping), and a side of roasted tomatoes and spinach (which George and I mixed into our shrimp, but the kids don't all like the spinach).

I wanted to take a picture of the dish because it looks so beautiful, but I forgot before dinner and this is what was left the two times I've made it for my family. The kids practically licked the dish clean (I think Holland actually did!).

No comments:

Post a Comment