Sunday, October 26, 2008

Welcome to the virtual dinner group

I’ve had a dinner group with my neighborhood friends for several years now, and my sisters (far-flung across the U.S.) have often said they wished they could join us.

A few years ago, my sister, Maureen and her friend, Jenner started up an email list of friends and family with whom they’ve often shared recipes, and gone to for the answers to everything from “How do you feed your family at night when you don’t walk in the door until 5:30 and you have a soccer game at 6 and piano lessons at 6:15 ... on opposite ends of town?” to “What’s your Thanksgiving menu this year?"rdquo; to “Remember that punch you made for the kids at Mom & Dad’s anniversary? What was the recipe?” That email list grew as friends and family added more people to the distribution (they told two people and they told two people and they told two people and so on and so on).

From that email list, this blog was born. We want to share our recipes with one another in a more interactive forum, and we want to share them with you. We hope you'll share with us too. So come on in to our virtual dinner group, pour yourself a glass of wine and let’s start cooking together.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Katie, thanks for getting this up. I've been dying for a spot for inspiration for new recipes as well as a place to share some things I've been trying and have been happy with, or not so happy, as the case may be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invitation, Katie. I've been recycling through the same meals and could use some inspiration. "Quick and easy" works best for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat. I love to cook but am often without inspiration and I have to admit that your blog entries are pushing me back on track. I am in search of a easy and fail proof biscuit recipe if anyone has one to share. Thanks for inviting me Katie!!!!

    ReplyDelete