Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Today Regina had asked me for my bread bowl recipe.  I live in Minnesota, we eat lots of soup. I can't serve soup with out bread. 
I used to make bread bowls where I shaped the dough around an upside down bowl and bake. It was good but often unsteady, the dough wouldn't rise evenly.  Last week I found a recipe where you make a roll and cut off the top scoop out the middle and fill it with soup. It sat flat on the plate but mine had holes where the soup dripped out. We ate it in bowls so not too big an issue but I'd love to find a great bread bowl recipe or fixes for my problems with the recipes I have.
Any advice?
  

1 comment:

  1. I buy small boules of bread or large rolls from the supermarket bakery, or the chowder place downtown (I live in New England, so, of course, there’s a chowder place) sells their bread bowls. I scoop those out and use them for soup or stew.

    ReplyDelete