Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving desserts

We are having a small crowd (5 adults, 3 kids) for thanksgiving. I made a pumpkin cheesecake http://inhomecooking.blogspot.com/search/label/Pumpkin%20cheesecake
it is in the freezer. I will make a chocolate desert because I love chocolate deserts, thinking http://www.recipegirl.com/2008/08/12/molten-chocolate-cakes-with-irish-cream/
Molly asked about pie. Now I like pie but could live w/o it but is does seem like for thanksgiving you need pie, Molly requested apple, Brad's favorite is blueberry so I'm thinking of making http://www.recipezaar.com/Mini-Apple-Pies-So-Easy-Not-Much-Hassel-286704
And maybe doing 1/2 apple 1/2 blueberry. I figure I can freeze the leftovers. Anyone ever try mini pies? I worry a little about them coming out of the Muffin tins.

4 comments:

  1. I have not. And, of course, I would worry, too. It is just my luck that they would stick.
    If you are truly worried, one alternative might be to use cupcake papers and rather than doing a traditional pie with crust, do more of a crisp, where you just have the topping on it and they could eat them right out of the wrapper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reg- Molly and I made then today. I did spray the muffin tins. When they came out I used a knife around the edge, but the apple had not stuck at all. The blueberry stuck a little where it overflowed the pie crust. They look great. If they taste as good I might actually become a pie maker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad they came out well. Let me know how they taste.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound great! Better Homes and Garden had a recipe in their Dec issue, I haven't read it. Will look at it and post anything if there's additional ideas. Obviously it's too late for you! Enjoy Thanksgiving. Of course you need Pie on Turkey day Molly:) Anyone do Mincemeat? Did anyone eat that at M&D's? I do fondly recall the "What is Mince" conversation from years ago:)

    ReplyDelete