Monday, May 3, 2010

Pesto

My family suddenly loves pesto. I've been making it and adding it to all sorts of things. I add it to my pizza dough as well as on the pizza before the tomato sauce. I have added it to bread, Omelettes, and of course pasta. I have made it with basil, spinach, arugula, for nuts I've used pine and walnut. My girls have always complained about the minced spinach I put on our pizzas last night as she was eating pizza with spinach pesto she said the nuts sure make it better. So I am sold and planting basil and spinach with the hope of fresh pesto all summer and some to freeze for next winter. Here is one fun new recipe for arugula-walnut-pesto.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I love pesto and will be sure to try this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, can you share your spinach pesto recipe?

    ReplyDelete