Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chocolate Caramel Rolo Cookies

I saw this recipe on the link below and couldn't resist sharing it. These cookies are so delicious! Enjoy!

Chocolate Caramel Cookies
28 min | 20 min prep
30-36 Cookies

2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
30-36 chocolate-covered caramel candies
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix together until well blended.
3. Add flour, cocoa and baking soda and mix well.
4. Refrigerate and chill dough for 30 minutes.
5. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 chocolate-covered caramel candy in the center of each dough ball.
6. Form the dough ball around the majority of the chocolate-covered caramel candy
7. Roll each dough ball in sugar.
8. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes.

9. Let cool on pan for 1 minute then take off and place on cookie cooling rack.

Adopt a Blogger #3 (and Chocolate Caramel Rolo Cookies)

Posted using ShareThis

7 comments:

  1. I am going to attempt these today. The look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina,
    Those have to be one of the best cookies ever! They were very easy to make and they come out almost fudgy. We are going to try mini Mounds bars in the last batch as we love coconut as much as caramel. Thanks for the recipe. Maybe I will bring them to Katie's house on Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you tried them. I haven't yet, but I think now I'll have to try! Wish I was going to be at Katie's Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you notice the calorie count per cookie? Oh man! Good thing I don't like chocolate:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am addicted to making these cookies. Yesterday I tried Mounds and mini Reeses inserted in the middle, separately. The Reeses won as everyone thought the dark chocolate that is in the Mounds bar didn't work. Also, I am in complete denial about any calories content in these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made them today! We loved them! I think they're best slightly warm though, the caramel is best while it's still a little warm and gooey. I'm going to try them with Junior Mints, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't find the bag of Rolos at the grocery store, so I just made them with Peanut Butter Cups. My taste-test proves this to be a winner! Bringing to a Pot Luck (with notes that they contain PB), so I'll let you know how they do.:)

    ReplyDelete