Sunday, September 12, 2010

Make-Your-Own Granola Bars

Maeve can bring in a morning snack to school. I offered her the options of home morning snacks from the summer, usually fruit or cracker & cheese, nuts & dried fruit. None are as exciting as the granola bars (not the dry kind Dad gets) or fruit snacks the other kids bring. I don't on a regular basis buy chewy granola bars or fruit snacks - and don't want to make them a habit. To compromise we decided to try making Chewy granola bars that were healthy and even have some dried fruit and nuts. I let you know how they go over at school. Ok. So the first one was not as big a hit as I hoped. Katie had this one pinned it was great.  First batch went in a day, and I didn't even add chocolate chips. This time I am so I'm doubling the recipe  no bake granola bars

2 comments:

  1. These look great. How did they go over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maeve thought they were a little sweet. The other 2 loved them. I had replaced the corn syrup with honey. I might do a little less honey. I replaced the wheat germ with corn meal because that is what I had. I'll try it again and also try different nuts and fruit.

    ReplyDelete