Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Birthday Party Lunch

My daughter Megan is turning 5 tomorrow and to celebrate, we are having a few of her friends from preschool and their Moms over for lunch and water games/obstacle course. Hopefully the weather will hold out!

The kids will be having pizza sticks and sauce (we found it on the Rachael Ray Show website), mini hot dogs, and fruit skewers with a yogurt dipping sauce.

The Moms will have Honeydew wrapped in prosciutto, Spinach & Strawberry salad, and Peach and Brie Quesadillas with Lime-Honey dipping sauce. Katie told me about the quesadillas and they look so great, I had to try them!

Quesadillas
1 cup thinly sliced peeled firm ripe peaches (about 2 large)
1 teaspoon brown sugar
3 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
Cooking spray

You mix the peaches and brown sugar together, then layer in the tortilla with slice of brie. Spray the pan with cooking spray and bake in the oven until the tortilla is lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Fold over and cut into wedges.

Serve with honey-lime dipping sauce: 2 Tbs. honey, 2 Tbsp. lime juice and 1/2 tsp of lime zest. Kate recommended mixing into sour cream for the sauce. I cannot wait to try this!

All of this will be washed down with lemonade and sweet tea, and finished off with a strawberry beach-themed cake.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I wish I could join you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post a picture of the cake when you're done, you always do such a nice job.

    Let me know how your sweet tea comes out. I used this recipe for the funeral meal I did last week and I think it would've been better if I'd just used Lipton or Tetley. I used my favorite Irish Breakfast Tea and the flavor was off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate: The quesadillas were phenomenal. Loved them with the sour cream-honey-lime dipping sauce. Delish!

    Did both honeydew and canteloupe with the prosciutto.

    I made the tea with very berry tea. It was good. A little sweeter than I normally like, but good.

    G was responsible for pics, so I'll see what we got.

    ReplyDelete