Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

Now that Halloween is over, I am ready to turn my attention to my Thanksgiving menu. I am hosting my husband's family here. One thing I need to be conscious of this year is that I only have an oven, stove and microwave to cook in - no convection oven as in the past. That means I need to be conscious of how much I need to get into the oven after the bird comes out to rest.
I am thinking I might do a pumpkin soup first course and will probably do the make-ahead mashed potatoes. I think the Moriarty stuffing is a must (the only recipe I know of that was passed down through my father-in-law, and the only food I ever saw him help prepare), and it is quite good. Aside from that, I haven't decided.
What are you making this year?

3 comments:

  1. I want to do a corn and tomato casserole that my mil used to make. If I remember correctly it was yummy. Will post the recipe later. I am also making Sarah's Pumpkin Chiffon Pie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was assigned appetizers and wine. I'll have to come up with some fun apps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dried dates wrapped in bacon baked in the oven.

    ReplyDelete